Diane Thurston, Director of Client Services
Diane has over 20 years of organizational development and consulting experience, with the past nine years focused on hire-to-retire talent strategies, future of work strategies, and diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI).
She brings deep expertise in applying an equity lens to executive selection, talent attraction and retention, as well as organization-wide DEI strategy and tactical initiatives. She is passionate about weaving DEI into the fabric of organizations through actionable, measurable, and enduring change. She is skilled in bridging courageous conversations about DEI for a variety of audiences through custom learning sessions such as “Changing the Conversation on ‘Culture fit’”, leadership alignment workshops, and organizational and cultural readiness assessments.
Prior to joining Wahl and Associates, LLC, Diane spent nine years with Point B management consulting, leading client as well as internal programs. She became a leader and Talent Acquisition liaison for the firm’s initial internal DEI program. Initiatives included DEI benchmarking, ERGs, governance, diverse sourcing and recruiting, interview process redesign, employee engagement programs, and custom DEI training and workshops across the U.S. After three years, Diane founded Point B’s DEI client services practice to assist the firm's clients with this important work, partnering with clients on DEI strategy, prioritization, and multi-year roadmaps for measurable and enduring change.
Some Recent Engagements by Diane Thurston
• Executive Director selection, Latino Network
• CEO selection and transition planning, Collins Foundation
• Director of Energy Programs selection, Energy Trust of Oregon
• DEI Board Development, Meals on Wheels People
• VP of Real Estate selection, OMSI
• Chief Impact Officer selection, United Way of the Columbia-Willamette
• CFO selection, Energy Trust of Oregon
Recent Articles and Speaking Engagements
• Portland Business Journal – “DEI: Are you Moving the Needle or Just Checking the Box?”, November 2019
• OPEX Exchange presenter “Enabling and Managing a Remote Workforce”, Alexandria, VA, July 2019
• 100% Talent Wage Gap Summit presenter and panelist on “Future of Work”, Seattle, WA, May 2019